MY IDOL:: PRAMATH MALIK

MY IDOL:: PRAMATH MALIK
HE NEVER SHOWED ME A PATH TO FOLLOW BUT ALWAYS INSPIRED ME TO MAKE ONE FOR MYSELF!!

Monday, February 4, 2008

This is my last blogpost......as my albatross is going to take off!

DESTINY IS A POWERFUL WORD. You can discard it with the hefty and obscure interlocution of faith and confidence and you claim that you are swimming in the river of life in the direction you want to. But to be very honest you realise that you are not swimming, instead you are flowing. It is not your will that is deciding for you but the current of the river does it. And since you are comfortably numb you don’t realise that your definition of freedom has been gradually altered.
Even I was one amongst the swathe but as I say destiny is a very powerful word it cooed to me in my ears “stop being comfortably numb welcome to existence!”
The life began with a splendid show as I started as one happy and enthusiastic sailor who wasn’t aware of the enriched and vibrant life of the sea. Life was bright, sunny, cloudless and gentle wind blew. I had plenty to prove and plenty to learn. But before I could grow into an experienced sailor with a throttle of confidence I experienced the prowess of destiny. Destiny is a powerful word I believe.
Suddenly cold wind started to blow and it grew dark. I looked at the growling and roaring sea and prayed to calm down. But alas a strong tyrannous and ghastly storm took me on its strong wings of wind and dumped me to some unknown land.
The sea that I had as the family refused to take me back into it. I felt awful. I wanted to prove that I am his own. I slashed my wrist and down came the stream of blood that dropped to the sea. But I was flabbergasted when the blood refused to mix with the salty sea water. Then the sea roared at his top of the voice that the blood I always believed was flowing in my veins had come from the salty sea water, is not actually its. Because the blood is not capable to show its royalty. I a failed sailor can’t be mighty sea’s son. The sea humiliated me saying I belong to some rotten marsh that has ceased to exist. I was ripped into pieces, my soul howled in pain but I tried my best to hide my anger and agony. Every night I promised myself I won’t cry till next night. And no one will get to know about my torment and anguish. But destiny is a powerful word….
I said nothing but my slashed wrist screamed a lot. I was back sailing in the sea.
The sea got harsh than before, it was hot and cruel .Water was every where but all salty, it reminded me of the blood I never belonged to and so I decided I will never drink and I drank my own blood when I was thirsty. I was left in seclusion.
Then came a day when a very strong and beautiful albatross came to my withered boat and sat. It said nothing but I felt it was here to be for me. Here to take me away from this cruel sea. and I started dreaming of living with him under his wings.
It touched my wound and miffed. And it gradually started to heal. He allowed me to sleep under the soft canopy of wings. All the suffering was gone(ALL!!)
My faith grew stronger day by day that this truly belongs to me and the albatross stayed. He said nothing but his silence let my hope grow. I thought maybe I should learn to listen to the silence and I tried my best.
And one day the albatross said he is not going to stay here forever and started to spread its wings to take the flight. He said he has too many things to do and he can’t concentrate on me right now. He said he has a future to look forward to. And I couldn’t say anything because he was correct. I was one abandoned kid who belongs to no one. And it is not the albatross that destiny had sent for me. It wasn’t his fault but where was I wrong?
Probably no one has the answer too. Because as I said DESTINY IS A POWERFUL WORD!! I wish I could prove my saying wrong but I have no albatross by my side to do that!
So here existed the blog for the albatross who made me a different person altogether. And now when he is about to fly I am not strong enough to keep visiting the corner where my albatross sat, so I am shutting this corner forever. I am not going to write, something I use to love the most. This is the punishment I deserve for myself.

21 comments:

freesherry said...

sahay this is the most beautiful thing u have ever written..
but please u don't need to punish yourself for anything.. you did not ask the marsh to give u to the sea.. and you were not responsible for the fact that the sea was cruel to you and gave you up..
trust the albatross.. he might have a journey to make and it might seem that he is deserting you to fly off.. but the truth is that whenever you feel cold, the albatross would come to give you the comfort of his wings..
please do not give up writing, i know its your support system, don't loose it.. u do not deserve this punishment.. please don't make you life worse

Unknown said...

B
beautiful piece of writing i must say...but wat i feel is that the albatross is not moving away from u..infact its takin a flight to look after u from the skies so that he could always watch over you...
and writing is your strength.. u can't give it up...for urself n above all for the albatross...
ur smile would only comfort him n ur tears would make his journey difficult..
so don't punish urself and the albatross too...

Ankit Jain said...

well i cn say agar tu likhna chodega to shayad main bhi kabhi nahi likhunga fir
plzz yar common i think hum logon ne kafi zyada sochna shuru kar diya and u know excess of everything is bad
koshish hi hamari fitrat hai
dono sath hai to jag jeet lenge
kehna mere liye zaruri nahi hai
sab mast hai agar sath has bhi lenge

but hands off to you for such immense writing
i bow you for masterpiece i liked it and wish could express the same

Anonymous said...

hi..
this is indeed one of the best pieces u have ever written. U r a tru genius sahay, n u cant kill this expertise u have attained in writing.. live,not for the albatross, but for them who consider you to be their albatross!!
Live,cuz u hav till now,n u CAN live!!
wryt,not jst cuz u want to,but cuz u should!!
thats oll i want to say...

Nishi Prasad said...

Excellent Abhishek!
It is a wonderful piece!
I am sad to know that you will not be writing anymore. Don't do that. It is a vent for all your thoughts ,emotions and feelings. Don't and please don't shut it off.
Nishi Bua.

piyu said...

hmmm..
well as u said 'destiny is a strong word', u never know what it has in store for u. well i mean whether u will write again or not is not ur control, u never know another albatross mite b on its way to become ur inspiration!!!!!
Note: oye tu nai likhega toh main apne ULTE SEEDHE comments kahan dungi..
so as i alwayz say: ROCKON DUDE!!!!

Gonecase aka. Shutter Singh said...

I loved the way you write, nice place you've got here, very thought-provoking. Thanks for dropping by !

miracle child!! said...

thanks fresherry for showing your concern i appreciate it ...i have stopped writing even thoguh i love to not because it is like a sacrifice to please god and give me something that i badly want!!

miracle child!! said...

@esha
a very hopeful message indeed.and yes i agree my tears will make him uncomfortable.and that is precisely why i have never expressed that in front of him.he should get the best in life and he should be the highest to fly. but i dont want to be the storm in his flight i want to be the gentle wind that can make his journey more easy by propelling in his direction of flight.

miracle child!! said...

thanks for appreciating my piece .but it is not the lines that makes this lively it is the emotion that i am dealing with.and you don't stop writing.i will write.i will write for sure .maybe the day he will pass by and read this and bless me with his affection.till then i am off. ineed to make sacrifices to keep things moving in a pleasent way!

miracle child!! said...

i can't be the albatross .i wish i could be. then i would have had taken a flight along.but alas i am creepy dirty duckling that no wants to take along.no matter whatever be the excuse,the end result is they hate me.

miracle child!! said...

thanks for those words but i promise i will return .i will return very soon,as soon as my "tapasya" is over...i know that sounds dramatic but that is the fact..right now i have to make sacrifcies.

miracle child!! said...

pri @ i hope so destiny stores somwthing for me.lets pray.
p.s.:tu apna blogspot bana le ..fir mai tere mein comment likha karunga!!

miracle child!! said...

gone case@ thanks for appreciating and i t felt great when you said thought provoking. i wish i could do more about it!

DV.........casting for identity said...

truly a touching piece......i wonder words cud literally scream all aloud in melancholy unison....as if to grab da last piece of bamboo-wigs to survive in da cruel ocean....but bro...a coin has two faces...u cannot peep into da heart of da albatross only to know dat hes flying off for your good....afterall dats wat its made for...dats wat hes known for...he wants you to go and fight the ocean...brave the tides and come out a sparkling sailor nd not whu wud b welcomed by da world wen he reaches da shore nd not a creepy ducling stranded in da midst of da ocean.........nd as far as ur writing is concerned...."TAPASYA" and sacrifices r of no gud dear,open ur eyes nd visualize....u have da tool to vaccum out da emotions filled deep inside you...dont let dis cleaner rest as defunct!!!!
dat is your "shastra"...use it to come clean...NEVER STOP WRITING

miracle child!! said...

hey deven thans for those beautiful arrangement of words...i really felt great but it seems u r a bit in the same side of the pool where u have assumed that i need strength to fight back but what you have failed to see is that i have already given up....i have lost ...drowned !!

miracle child!! said...

hey deven thans for those beautiful arrangement of words...i really felt great but it seems u r a bit in the same side of the pool where u have assumed that i need strength to fight back but what you have failed to see is that i have already given up....i have lost ...drowned !!

miracle child!! said...

hey deven thans for those beautiful arrangement of words...i really felt great but it seems u r a bit in the same side of the pool where u have assumed that i need strength to fight back but what you have failed to see is that i have already given up....i have lost ...drowned !!

miracle child!! said...

hey deven thans for those beautiful arrangement of words...i really felt great but it seems u r a bit in the same side of the pool where u have assumed that i need strength to fight back but what you have failed to see is that i have already given up....i have lost ...drowned !!

Anonymous said...

u r an amazing writer..
i dont knw u much bt since u lov writing.. dont stop.. u shud learn to stand up of ur own.. n live for urself..love urself..i knw one needs a shoulder to lean on.. mk writing tht shoulder.. dats d best way u cn share wt u feel
indeed destiny is a powerful word.. destiny brought sea n albatros in ur lyf.. n destiny hv much more in store for u.. dont gv up..
mk ur lonelyness ur power n use tht power in writing
all d best.. i hope u'll reconsider abt writing

miracle child!! said...

@nav :thank you very much for those encouraging words ...don't worry i will return. i don't know how much time will this take but for sure i will return. the day when my dedication for my idol will be sufficient enough to make him believe that the sailor wont survive without the albatross and he will start paying visit to this corner. pray that it happens before my endurance is not drenched with melancholy strain